Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls.
~ David Thomas
Thank you to the following:
Michael R. Cohen,
RPh, MS, ScD, FASHP
President, Institute for Safe Medication Practice
- For being the first person to lend
credibility to the tragic circumstances that resulted in the death of MSG Kinamon by validating that an avoidable mistake
- For using MSG Kinamon's story to educate
others about the proper uses of medications and the heartbreaking real life consequences of making mistakes.
Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
- For being our first
media contact and keeping tabs on the effects of MSG Kinamon's story.
- His August 27, 2007 article, "The Dangers of Drug Patches Overlooked" that appeared on the front page of
the LA Times, finally confirmed the tragic and unnecessary loss of MSG Kinamon's life due to the disregard of multiple
published warnings by MSG Kinamon's physician - a confirmation the family was hoping to receive from the military and the
Minnesota Board of Medical Practice.
David Mattingly, CNN, Anderson
Cooper 360 Correspondent; Chuck Hadad, CNN, Producer; Daniel
- For appealing to the Supreme Court in a case involving
the death of Air Force Staff Sgt Dean Witt. They are attempting to do what 25 attorneys that I spoke to would not.
Maurice Hinchey (NY-22)
- For authoring H.R. 1478 to hold the military accountable
for non-combat related medical malpractice resulting from the use of military medical facilities by active duty servicemembers.
Other members of Congress were contacted, but you took action.
- For designing my "Custom Engraved" Bracelet. It reminds
me that my brother's death will not be in vain.
Gold Star Siblings of America (they seem to no longer have
- For recognizing the depth of love we feel for our brothers and sisters
and the consequent grief felt at their passing. Aside from our parents, our siblings are the only people who have known
us for our entire life.
Assistance Program for Survivors), www.taps.org
- For the support system you provide through online chats,
seminars, retreats, publications, meetings, etc.